Cress microgreens are young, tender plants that are harvested when they are only a few inches tall. They have a concentrated flavor and are packed with nutrients. Here are some benefits of consuming cress microgreens:
- High in nutrients: Cress microgreens are rich in vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, vitamin K, vitamin A, folate, calcium, and iron. They also contain antioxidants and other beneficial plant compounds.
- May help with digestion: Cress microgreens contain dietary fiber, which can aid in digestion and promote bowel regularity.
- May support immune system function: The vitamin C content in cress microgreens may help support immune system function and reduce the risk of infection.
- May promote bone health: Cress microgreens are a good source of vitamin K, which is important for bone health and may help reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- May have anti-inflammatory properties: Some studies suggest that cress microgreens may have anti-inflammatory properties, which may help reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.
Overall, cress microgreens are a nutritious and flavorful addition to salads, sandwiches, and other dishes.